Hi, we are Nate and Laura Ascher.
Welcome to castironskilletcooking.com, and thank you so much for stopping by.
Welcome to our kitchen!
We created this space as a place to share recipes that you, your family, and your friends will not only love but want to prepare over and over.
We believe that there is, in fact, a right way and a wrong way to cook a steak, and anything is worth trying at least once. 🙂
Spending over 15 years in the kitchen, with the last decade focusing on dishes cooked in cast iron skillets and dutch ovens, has taught us that even with minimal kitchen supplies, as long as you have cast iron, you can make anything you want.
We’ll admit that raising our family has naturally swayed the focus towards easier, family-friendly meals. However, you will indeed find your choice of elaborate romantic dinners if you so choose.
Since we began sharing our decade-long journey of cooking back in 2021, we have published 150 of our favorite recipes, receiving hundreds of 5-star reviews on our site and tens of thousands of Pinterest saves.
This carefully curated collection of recipes is perfect whether you are cooking for two or a crowd.
We realize, as parents, that raising a family and managing a business can be rather time-consuming in and of itself. Let alone trying to cook three real meals a day.
So we kept that in mind when sharing these recipes, and as a result, most of the recipes here are quick and easy.
Whether you are a seasoned chef or a novice home cook, we hope you view this blog as a place for recipes, inspiration, and tips.
We are constantly creating and updating the content to ensure the best possible experience for our viewers.
And as if recipes are not enough, we provide first-hand support on caring for your cast iron cookware so it can last a lifetime.
From cleaning your dutch oven to removing rust from an old, neglected skillet, you are sure to find what you need, and you can rest easy knowing that you are in good hands.
So you don’t miss any new recipes, and we are publishing them at a rate of two a week, go ahead and punch in your email address below, and we’ll let you know when they go live!
And if you are on Instagram, give us a follow @castironskilletcooking.
Lastly, I promise, check out our Pinterest, where you will find all of our favorite recipes!
Recipes you will find here:
- Desserts: Of course, we start with desserts! If throwing the ingredients together is your thing, then I suggest a dump cake. We also have our fair share of chocolates, including double chocolate brownies and a deep-dish chocolate chip cookie.
- Breakfasts: From cinnamon rolls, pancakes, and waffles to quiche, breakfast casseroles, and french toast, there is a recipe here for everyone.
- Easy Bites: On more than one occasion, I have thrown together egg rolls, pizza rolls or fried up my favorite cinnamon sugar donuts for a midnight snack. I can’t say I am proud of it, but I have done it.
- Comfort Foods: Between our ground pork chili, Pikes Peak roast, and my personal favorite, goulash, there is a hot meal ready and waiting for you.
- All Things Steak: We have steaks for every budget and every occasion. These bottom round steaks are always a hit, along with our slow-cooked dutch oven round steaks. But it doesn’t stop there. Fajitas anyone? If so, how about a skirt steak? Is it just the two of you? Perhaps a picanha steak, ribeye, or our favorite reverse seared T-bone?
- Simply Venison: Searching for tried and true venison recipes? Try our backstrap with a homemade dry rub, venison tenderloin, venison stew, roast. I could go on, but I probably shouldn’t.